At Tiptoes & Tappers we aim to create a fun and friendly environment where pupils can learn to dance whether it be for enjoyment, fitness, towards a career – or all three. All our teachers are professional dancers and at minimum hold a degree in dance or a level 4 teaching qualification in dance and performing arts. Because of the high calibre of staff we are able to support our school ethos of “dance for all”.
When your child has enjoyed a free trial class with Tiptoes and Tappers you will be asked to book your child’s place – this is valid until the end of the dance year when all students are asked to re-register for the new year.
Tiptoes & Tappers is an approved examination centre for Bbodance. We also hold “Centre of Excellence” status with the British Theatre Dance Association.
Disclosure & Barring Service checks and Child Protection
Tiptoes & Tappers is committed to protecting all of the young people in our care and all are teachers are DBS checked. A copy of our Child Protection Policy Guidelines is available on request to all parents. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to obtain a copy. If you have any concerns about a pupil or wish to discuss our policy further please ask Rachael, the designated Child Protection officer.
First Aid Certificates
Rachael Osborne, Penny Simons, Ami Tollin, Ashley Runeckles and Kathryn Turner all hold current first aid certificates as well as have training in dance sport injury.
Rachael Osborne is the official First aid officer.
Code of Conduct
It is important to Tiptoes & Tappers that all teachers behave in the appropriate manner when teaching our students. We believe that the correct behaviour by an adult encourages the appropriate behaviour from the student. Whenever working on behalf of Tiptoes & Tappers staff are required to behave in a professional manner.
Conduct of teachers:
- No Bad language
- No eating during class
- Any private work from students must require consent from Tiptoes & Tappers
- Teachers are required to keep all information given to them about a student family or other teachers confidential unless stated otherwise.
Conduct of Students:
- Students are required to be punctual
- Must wear the appropriate uniform for the class attending
- No eating during class
- Must respect teachers and fellow dancers.
Conduct of Parents:
- If sitting in on classes – please keep chatter to a minimum
- Please always wait until after class has finished if you need to discuss something with a teacher.
- Bad language and aggressive behaviour towards teachers, students or other parents will not be tolerated