Hopefully the first week of home schooling and trying to work has gone ok?
We are now a week into our online dance school and have learnt A LOT!
Now we have a better grasp on what is best for your children’s classes we have a few updates to share.
Waiver: If you haven’t already please can you make sure you have filled out the online class registration – This is a requirement of our insurance and we will not admit children to class without it.
I will be downloading the online form submissions each evening, so if you have done it during the day or late in the evening (after 5pm) it will not be picked up until the following day.
We had some feedback that the scheduled workout times don’t work for everyone and that running them over Zoom made the classes a little static – we have now uploaded a few classes to Vimeo and each week we will be sharing links for various workouts, stretch exercises and routines to keep you fit and active each day. We will rotate these classes every week so you will get a bit of variation.
Current Classes on line:
Pre School Class : https://vimeo.com/400906701/e9ce756a30
Junior Workout 1:https://vimeo.com/400751091/1f866429b1
Junior Workout 2: https://vimeo.com/400747499/a7421cb626
Senior Workout 1:https://vimeo.com/400720379/af29cd3139
Senior Workout 2: https://vimeo.com/400748363/3b9a400f1b
So we don’t clog your inbox with 3 or 4 meeting invites a day and potentially miss inviting you to the correct classes we will provide you with our Meeting ID and password – this will be the same for each class and is specific to each teacher.
Please be aware that we will not allow children from a lower grade to join senior classes or vice versa.
- Log into zoom – if you do not have an account you will need to create one (this takes a couple of minutes)
- At the time of class click join meeting (if you are unsure this tab is at the top of the home page or in the centre of the app)
- Enter meeting ID – Each teacher has their own meeting ID.
- Enter password – Each teacher has their own password.
A few Tips for Zoom:
Pin you teacher! When we are in a group video on zoom in the top right hand corner are options for how to view your class.
- If you hover over the video with your teacher in there is a button for mute and next to it are three dots “…”
- Click on the dots
- Click Pin Video and we should become the main video
Rename your video:
- In the same three dots the bottom option is rename
- If your video opens with your name or the devices name please use this option to rename the video as your child’s name.
- Please mute your video on entry
Raise your hand:
- Again the … button
- There is an option to raise you hand if you have a question
- Please use that and then when we come to you unmute yourself to talk to your teacher.
Having spoken with a large number of parents we now feel we have a grasp on the best timetable we can run.
- Pre school/Reception – we are running an Intro to Ballet or Tap class every morning, please do as much or as little as you would like. Or use the Vimeo link to do ballet whenever suits you (and by you… I mean your little one!)
- Parents with Primary aged children – we will aim to run a class a day per discipline from 1pm – 2.20pm so that you have a regular break in the day.
- Secondary aged children – we will run classes from 3.45pm – 5.15pm
- Groups that have both Secondary & Primary – we aim to run two classes, one during the day and one after hours.
- Vimeo: is now available to you as well – Any time we aren’t running a class for your grade/child during your scheduled dance slot (i.e. there is tap at that time and your child only does ballet) please remember you can still dance with a Vimeo link!
Again we have spoken to a large number of parents about staying open through Easter or closing as normal and have had a complete mix of requests.
With that in mind we have decided to stay open for classes for an extra week until Thursday April 9th.
From Tuesday 14th April we will release daily video’s via Vimeo focusing on technique, stretching, workouts, dance challenges and more.
We will start back to the online timetable on Monday April 20th.
As always a huge thank you to for your continued support and kind wishes.
Thanks and stay well
Rachael & the Tiptoes team.