At Tiptoes & Tappers we aim to create a fun and friendly environment where pupils can learn to dance whether it be for enjoyment, fitness, towards a career – or all three. All our teachers are professional dancers and at minimum hold a level 6 teaching qualification in dance and performing arts. Because of the high calibre of staff we are able to support the British Ballet Organisation’s ethos of “dance for all”.
When your child has enjoyed a free trial class with Tiptoes and Tappers you will be asked to book your child’s place – this is valid until the end of the dance year when all students are asked to re-register for the new year.
Please fill this form out the online form to confirm your child’s place. The information given will be held at the Tiptoes & Tappers office and kept confidential. Your personal information will not be handed onto any third parties. If at any time you change your address/phone number please inform Tiptoes & Tappers.
- Information updates
- Registering for classes
- Policies & Procedures
- Code of conduct
- Dress Code
When you register with Tiptoes & Tappers your email address will be added to the school newsletter mailing list. Every term you will receive a Tiptoes Newsletter by email as well as regular updates by Facebook. This will keep you up to date with all relevant information and any upcoming events. If you do not have internet access please request a paper copy. At the end of each dance year the mailing list will be cleared and replaced with the new years enrolment information.
Insurance & Liability
We hold full public liability insurance as a school as well as each individual teacher holding their own insurance. These can be emailed to you on request.
Tiptoes & Tappers holds Public performance Lisence PPL and Performing Rights Socirty PRS music licences.
Tiptoes & Tappersholds recognised school status from the Council for Dance Education and Training. As well as an approved examination centre for the British Ballet organisation. We also hold “Centre of Excellence” status with the British Theatre Dance Association.
Discolsure & Barring Service/ Criminal record bureau checks and Child Protection
Tiptoes & Tappers is committed to protecting all of the young people in our care and all are teachers are CRB/DBS checked. A copy of our Child Protection Policy Guidelines is available on request to all parents. Please email us at email@example.com if you wish to obtain a copy. If you have any concerns about a pupil or wish to discuss our policy further please ask Rachael , the designated Child Protection officer.
First Aid Certificates
Rachael Osborne, Rochelle Lower, Ami Tollin & Eva James hold current first aid certfificates as well as have training in dance sport injury. Tiptoes & Tappers staff first aid qualifications, these are reviewed and updated every 3 years. A copy of the certification is available on request.
Rachael Osborne is the official First aid officer.
Tiptoes & Tappers reserves the right to cancel any classes that fail to meet our minimum enrolment requirement. In the event of such a cancellation, you will firstly be offered an alternative class place. If a suitable alternative class place is not available, you will be refunded for any remaining classes in the term.
Bad Weather & Illness
Recent years has seen the odd occurrence of bad weather which has forced venues to close due to health and safety. If the cancellation of classes is out of the control of Tiptoes & Tappers we will offer students an alternative class of the same standard if running. Occasionally a teacher may fall ill and it sometimes proves impossible to provide adequate cover. In these instances the school will deduct the fee of the missed class from the following terms fees.
Code of Conduct
It is important to Tiptoes & Tappers that all teachers behave in the appropriate manner when teaching our students. We believe that the correct behaviour by an adult encourages the appropriate behaviour from the student. Whenever working on behalf of Tiptoes & Tappers staff are required to behave in a professional manner.
Conduct of teachers:
- No Bad language
- No eating during class
- Any private work from students must require consent from Tiptoes & Tappers
- Teachers are required to keep all information given to them about a student family or other teachers confidential unless stated otherwise.
Conduct of Students:
- Students are required to be punctual
- Must wear the appropriate uniform for the class attending
- No eating during class
- Must respect teachers and fellow dancers.
Conduct of Parents:
- If sitting in on classes – please keep chatter to a minimum
- Please always wait until after class has finished if you need to discuss something with a teacher.
- Bad language and aggressive behaviour towards teachers, students or other parents will not be tolerated
Tiptoes & Tappers Fire Procedure:
There are different fire procedures for the different venues hired for classes with Tiptoes & Tappers, we will adhere to all procedures set in venues but whilst in class please follow the procedures set out below.
- If the Fire Alarm sounds please leave your belonging and line up with your teacher and evacuate the building immediately.
- In the event of an evacuation please assemble with your teacher in the venues designated area.
- Once the building is cleared for entry please follow your teacher back to the studio.
- If the building is not cleared you will be released to your parent ONLY after being signed out from the register.
Once enrolled and settled with Tiptoes & Tappers you are required to wear the correct uniform.
Children in Pre Syllabus – Primary Ballet are required to wear:
- BBO pink skirted leotard.
- Pink leather ballet shoes with elastics
- Pink ballet tights
- Hair must be in a ballet bun
Children in Grade 1 – Grade 3 Ballet are required to wear:
- BBO Lavender Leotard
- Pink leather ballet shoes (elastics grade 1& 2, ribbon grade 3)
- Children in Pre Syllabus – Primary Tap are required to wear: BBO sky blue skirted leotard.
- Black Tap Shoes
- White ankle socks
- Hair must be in an “up” do i.e. Pony Tail
Children in Grade 1 – Grade 3 Tap are required to wear:
- BBO lavender leotard
- Black Tap Shoes
- Black Jazz flares
Children in Modern are required to wear:
- ballet leotard
- Black Jazz shoes
- Black jazz flares ( Grade 1+)
Once Tiptoes & tapers has received your registration form you will be asked to set up a Standing order, this will be for the number of classes per year and split over 12 monthly payments running from September – August.
Parents are reminded they must give a minimum of 1 months notice or pay 1 months fees if they are planning on leaving the school. If you wish to continue to for the following year you must re-register and renew your SO to any amended amount.