As part of our exam preparation we strongly encourage children to join as many extra classes in their exam grade as possible. There are no extra charges for these classes.
Below is a list of Do’s & Don’ts to help you on the day:
- Please arrive at least 40 minutes before your allocated examination slot (45 if you need your hair doing) as sometimes the schedule runs quickly.
- If you miss the examination slot, unfortunately no other accommodation can be made on the day.
- Please make sure all leotards, sock and shoes are clean (you can clean leather ballet shoes easily with washing up liquid or leather soap)
- For ballet & tap exams hair need to be in cross plaits. If you are not confident in putting your child’s hair up and wish to have it done please allow plenty of time before the exam.
- If you need help with hair please bring hair/buns nets and pins and hair bands with you.
- No jewellery of any kind is allowed for exams. (If your child is unable to remove earrings then please cover them with flesh coloured plasters)
- No temporary tattoos or drawing on skin.
- No underwear is allowed under leotards for examinations
- Your child will be allocated a number for the exam. Pin on numbers will be
provided by the school to aid the examiner in identifying the student. Please make sure you hand the number back after exams.
- Please check you have the right uniform before the exam day.
Intro to Ballet Pre Primary Ballet & Primary uniform:
BBO Dance skirted pink leotard
Pink Ballet socks
Pink leather Ballet shoes (with elastics)
By now all students should have the BBO Dance uniform – if you do not and you are in Into to Ballet or Pre Primary please make efforts to purchase this before your exam session.
For Intro to ballet and Pre Primary Ballet wherever possible please wear the new BBO dance skirted leotard.
Grade 1 – 3 Ballet uniform:
BBO Dance Lavender Leotard
Pink Ballet Tights
Pink leather Ballet shoes (with ribbons)
By now all students should have the BBO Dance uniform – if you do not and you are in Grade 1 or 2 please make efforts to purchase this before your exam session.
Grade 1 – 3 Tap uniform:
Mulberry Leotard – You can borrow these from the school
Tan tights – please purchase these before the exam
Black tap shoes (Black Bloch Mary Janes)
Pre Primary & Primary Tap Uniform:
Blue BBO Tap leotard – We will lend these to you on the day
White tap socks
Black tap shoes (Black velcro tap shoes)
If you are missing uniform, we will have a limited amount of spares to borrow/ buy on the day.
Exam days become very busy so wherever possible please help by only bringing one adult per child and no other children than those dancing.
Please respect that the teachers time is limited on exam days, I will be busy
with the children taking exams. If you have any concerns or questions please try where possible to email or talk to me or your child’s teachers before the day.
I know if sounds very strict but I would like all children going into their exam session looking as neat and professional as their work! …. every little bit helps!